Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thinking

I've been thinking a lot lately.  Thinking about life.  Thinking about hope.  Thinking about living in a way so that I can experience the real meaning of happiness. 

Thinking, thinking, thinking.

I love my husband.  The first time we met, we didn't really meet at all.  I don't remember even saying hello to him.  But I still remember it.

The second time I met my husband was over a year and a half later.  This time we were too happy for words.  There was much to say, but we enjoyed the silence of just being together. 

The next time we met, we were in Portland, Oregon.  In a Temple.  In my wedding dress.  My life began that day.  We both spoke simple, powerful words. Words of Eternity forever etched in my mind.

The last time I met my husband was in the Provo hospital.  There he was. Holding our precious baby girl in his arms.  And I was speechless.

My husband.  I love him.  I love his devotion to God and our country.  I love when he calls me on his drive home so I know that I only have to wait a few more minutes to see him.  I love that he loves Ellie just as much as I do.  I love that he wants to fly planes and do tough "man" things.  I love his kind words.  His cheerful countenance.  His testimony.  I love...it all.

I love that he is mine forever.  And ever. And ever.
I got an angel...he doesn't wear any wings.
He wears a heart that could melt my own.
He wears a smile that makes me want to sing.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I hope I get to meet him someday. Miss you girlfriend! P.S. I see you changed back to public?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute from a beautiful wife to her wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete