Friday, December 9, 2011

me or them?


I don't know what it is.

But whenever I go to Smith's grocery store I find myself running into crazies.

And I can't figure out if it's me or them.

A few weeks ago I was walking into the store and a man came running out and stopped right in front of me to say...

"They're not listening! Nobody's listening!!"

And then he continued on his way.

My response? 

"Oh yeah?" while smiling and pretending like I understood what the heck was going on.

And then today I was looking at a dented can of stewed tomato's when a man pointed to it and mumbled, " look it's spaghetti!"

So of course I say, "haha yeah it is now!"...cause that makes sense?

The guy looked at me like I was crazy and just shook his head at me.
Does this look like Spaghetti to you?


He started to talk about the cereal box I was holding, but I just waved goodbye and said,

"uh huh!" as I hightailed it down the aisle to get out of that store as fast as my little legs could go.


So I must ask...is it me or them? Am I the crazy because I respond to nonsensical conversation? Or was it the guy who thought of can of tomatoes looked like noodles and red sauce?

And I just need to know for my own sanity...does this happen to anyone else?

5 comments:

  1. Now, THAT'S Funny! I find that a lot of weirdos talk to me at the bus stops. But that's pretty much the norm around here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yea...I always get the complete strangers who want to tell me their life stories which of course makes no sense at all to anyone but them. They probably say crazy things to you because you are so friendly and they are lonely or maybe they really are crazy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah maybe I should switch grocery stores..

    ReplyDelete