Saturday, March 24, 2012

just a girl and her bike

Well friends.

Much has happened in the last 48 hours.

Shall we begin?

I woke up yesterday morning to Elle sitting in my bed wanting to play at the bright and early hour of 7am.

I'm no morning person but who can deny this sweet little girl?

7 a.m

Her favorite word is "Prayer" and like any favorite thing you just can't get enough of, she asks to pray often. Like the other day she kept repeating it til we said one. We ended up praying 8 times in 10 minutes.  It is one of the only words she knows so can you blame her? Plus, with her tiny little voice asking to pray while folding her arms, can you blame me?  She's such an angel.

9 p.m

Oh yes this praying fiend looks innocent enough, but this was just moments before she snuck into the bathroom to play in the toilet.

I should've known that would be the beginning of a lonnng night.

3 a.m
Out of the goodness of my heart and in true friendship form, I had agreed days earlier to make cupcakes for my darling friend Melody's Bridal shower. By 3a.m I was questioning my judgement and my baking skills. Or lack thereof. And wondering where the maid was.

4 a.m

"Cupcake Wars" motivated me to press forward..although they bake 1,000 cupcakes in 2 hours and it took me 5 hours to make 60. It started well, but then after mixing my first frosting I realized that I had in fact just made Whipped Cream, NOT frosting. 2a.m really messes with your brain. (P.S-recipes are at the bottom of this post)

4:14 a.m

I hate Cupcakes.

10:48 a.m

Perfection in cupcake form. I have renewed my love of cupcakes now that they are finished and I don't have to bake them for a long, long time.

10:49 a.m

Just to clarify: I don't even like cupcakes. But I have this obsession with making them. Cupcake Wars will do that to a girl.



11 a.m

Let the cupcake lovin' begin. The winner?

Andrew: "Probably Peanut Butter, but they were all sooo good" (he's so sweet)
Ben: "White Chocolate Strawberry, definitely"
Me: "the Peanut Butter frosting (because who actually needs a cupcake to have frosting?) and the Coconut"

Finally...

after a long night and day of prayer, little hands playing in pee-filled toilets, and cupcakes to feed an army of hungry women..

All of my bike dreams came true tonight!

7:31 p.m

 Meet Sheila! On my way to get her I tuned into a radio show that featured a man telling a love story. At least I think that's what it was about. It was hard to not be distracted by the fact that he sounded like he was on an oxygen tank, taking a deep breath after every word. Maybe it was meant to add drama and suspense. Maybe he has Asthma. This I will never know.

Back to Sheila..Isn't she pretty? I'm so happy!


Recipes:

Toasted Coconut Cupcakes:

Go here for the cupcake and frosting recipes
 
Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting:

Go here for the cupcake recipe and here for the frosting

White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes:

Go here for the cupcakes (I left out the ice cream) and here for the frosting

2 comments:

  1. LOVIN those cupcakes! I have to make several batches tonight for a coworkers birthday tomorrow. She has requested strawberry - her wish is my command. And I adore your bicycle! I just blogged about my new pink bike the other day too :) and by popular demand, named her Frenchie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I’m visiting from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop!
    Shelia is beautiful and your daughter is ADORable- I love that her favorite word is prayer- too cute! Gonna have to try those cupcakes- YUM.
    Looking forward to reading more! Following you now! Feel free to stop by (and follow?) any of my web-based homes!
    ~SortaSuperMom
    http://www.confessionsfromboystown.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/sortasupermom
    https://twitter.com/#!/SortaSuperMom

    ReplyDelete