Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 2: Breakfast for this champion!


I woke up this morning feeling..oh I don't know...BOMB DIGGITY AWESOME!

Seriously I woke up just feeling good. I think my body is pretty happy with me.

And guess what? I feel pretty happy with myself. I finally stopped talking and started DOING. 

Who knew it really would be so fantastic? 

This ain't no fluff. I wouldn't lie to you.  Try it and see for yourself!

Some of you have been asking what book I've been referring to as I go about this Whole/Raw Food adventure. 

I found this treasure and have really been in love with it. There are recipes and a whole plan laid out if you want to go the Raw Food route. I've decided I'm doing a combination of both a Raw and a Whole Food diet. 
My real goal is to completely free my body of all the crap I've been eating for years so I think the Raw diet is really effective in helping me do that. Then I plan to move forward in about three to four weeks with a Whole Food lifestyle. I'm not limiting myself to just one way, but I will also tell you I don't feel limited anyway.

A blog I've also been referring to is 100 days of real food which I have been reading for awhile now. There's a lot of great information, recipes, and the how to begin taking yourself and your family off processed foods. I love it!

Whole foods on a budget is a really helpful blog too. I'm sure I'll continue to find them and I'll let you know about the good ones!

For this morning..

Usually I'd probably eat maybe a bowl of Reeses Puffs or Kashi Cinnamon Harvest. But I often would just skip breakfast.

What do you normally eat for breakfast? I found that if I stopped to think about what I'm actually putting in my body, it's not shocking why it doesn't feel great or work the way I want it to.

So I made Pancakes!

But not just any pancakes..Sweet Potato Spelt Pancakes. 

Sweet Potato Spelt Pancakes: (Adapted from Life Force Energy)
1 C. spelt flour 
1 organic egg
1 C. unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tbs. organic butter
fresh fruit
 raw almond butter

Whisk all ingredients together (Except butter and fruit) until perfectly smooth. Heat butter in skillet on high heat. Using about 1/4 cup at a time, place medium sized disks of batter on skillet.  Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Top with almond butter and berries. Share with someone you love!

 and I had never actually had a green smoothie before so I tried it out..SO delicious.


Pineapple Peach Green Smoothie: (Adapted from Fresh Blends)
1 C. unsweetened almond milk
1 medium banana
2 C. spinach
1 large ripe peach (pitted and sliced)
1 C. fresh pineapple sliced
1/2 C. fresh squeezed pineapple juice
1 C. ice
 
Put all ingredients in blender with liquid first. Blend until smooth. Fall in love.

I had NO idea that green smoothies tasted like this. I think the freshness of the fruit made a huge difference. You can use frozen fruit, but I think you'd be compromising on taste. 


Winning!




1 comment:

  1. You go!!! Keep it up! I have been trying to eat 70-80% vegetables in my day. Getting there...

    ReplyDelete