Monday, September 17, 2012

Jump then fall..whole foods here I come!



Yesterday I almost died.

And by that I mean I suffered from a certain amount of pain that should only occur if one is dying, because there really is no other good reason to writhe in agony as I did.

This is getting out of hand, really.


If you'll take just a sec to reminisce with me upon days of old, you will find THIS will give you a glimpse into my life. Unfortunately, not much has improved since that time.


Surgery: Waste of a lot of $$ that would've been better spent at H&M.


Since then..giving my life savings, current paycheck, and our retirement fund to doctors who seem to be guessing at this point is no longer in the plan.


So after much deliberation I've decided to embark on something new.


Improve my health by going on a Whole Foods Diet.


I am a little frightened. If I was going to lie about this process I would just tell you it's totally awesome and I love it and I'm so pumped.


My goal is to be able to say those things in about 3 weeks..that's when apparently your body starts feeling really good and it's adjusted to the absence of foods that you (think you) love.


After watching Forks Over Knives last year on Netflix, I've contemplated off and on if a whole foods diet was not only something I should do, but also if it was something I actually could do.


Who has that much self discipline?!


But then I see things like this
Pink Slime.

Not sure what it is? Watch this:

You should have some sort of container next to you, because you will probably want to throw up. I actually had to FORCE myself to watch this.



Even Ellen has something to say about it..


The actual point of a Whole Foods diet is just a healthier way of living and eating. Oh and you know exactly what's in your food.  And you have increased energy, feel better, and on and on the list goes.



My problem I think lies in the detoxing. Because that always sucks. I've done it from sugar before and the first few weeks were miserable. Just plain miserable.



But after a few weeks you begin to see those foods you "love" for what they really are. Unhealthy, refined, and truthfully the thought of eating processed foods is unappealing to say the least.

The BEST part is that I felt so good. SO so good. 



Unfortunately, bad habits creep in and slowly here and there you find yourself eating those foods that you eliminated from your diet and before you know it you're back to where you started.


A lot of my health issues come from my body producing too much acid. The Whole Foods diet is a plant based diet which is naturally alkaline producing and known to balance out the ph levels in your body along with give you more energy and better sleep among other things.


What I feel like now:

a.) severe heart and chest burn daily and sometimes hourly
b.) trouble sleeping
c.) daily headaches
d.) nausea (no I'm not pregnant)

e.) low energy and sluggishness
f.) sick to my stomach after eating
g.) strong food cravings
h.) late night hunger
i.) trouble breathing and swallowing
*It's rare when I actually feel good..sometimes I struggle with most of this list on a daily basis all at the same time.
j.) sugar is my drug of choice

I obviously don't want to feel this way anymore. I'm confident that by changing my eating habits drastically I will feel better, look better, and help others do it too.

Everyday I will be posting my progress and meals! I expect this first week to be pretty rough, but I feel as though this is inspired and I think the only way to do it is to take it one day at a time.

Want to do it with me?! Email me at abrisun@live.com
 








1 comment:

  1. Good for you April! I hope this won't be as hard as you think and that it will really help your body. I can't imagine how difficult that would be on a daily basis. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete