Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just close your eyes and hope for the best

So about a month ago I went to IKEA and found this standing lamp in the "as is" section..
I thought $9 bucks was a pretty good deal.
There wasn't a lampshade with it. But luckily, several months ago this crazy woman we bought couches from unloaded her truck filled with lamps and shades onto our front yard so I just happened to have one lying around.
Obviously I'm not the type to be satisfied if I couldn't paint or do something to it.


We love this quote, but I couldn't figure out where to put it in our house.
 I taped the quote to the inside of the lampshade.
 Dark brown paint that was from other house projects.
I took a small, very fine paintbrush and just went for it.
Not too shabby. Only took me 45 min from start to finish.
I like it.
I love it.
What say you?


2 comments:

  1. WOW...I never would of thought of doing that to a lampshade. Very cool idea. Now I am feeling a bit jealous because of all your hidden talents .

    Love you sweet pea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha my projects like that technically take 45 minutes of work, 6 months of fiddling around lol. -Lisa S

    ReplyDelete